History

Born under the mantle of Our Lady

The first Monastery devoted to the Perpetual Rosary was founded in Calais in 1880.  Calais founded Union City; Union City founded Catonsville; and Catonsville founded our community in West Springfield, MA.  Accordingly, we have always had a strong love for Our Lady and her Rosary.

History

A Daunting Task

Raising the money to build a proper monastic building was a daunting task.  While doing their part, the sisters entrusted this work especially to the Child Jesus.  How grateful we are to all our benefactors who over the years have supported our life of prayer!

History

A Wonderful Benefactor

Thanks to the generosity of Bishop Thomas O'Leary, we were able to purchase the Nye estate in 1926.  Of course, the sisters were also storming heaven for the means to acquire this special property, even though they were so poor!  It was this same Bishop who welcomed us into the diocese in 1922.